NMI VolunteeR Opportunities
The church of the Nazarene offers many opportunities for volunteering. In fact, the
Church of the Nazarene is the second-largest of all the volunteer sending agencies in the United States. Thousands of people of all ages volunteer their time and talents for missions around the world. The main avenues of volunteer ministry through the Church of the Nazarene are:
- Work & Witness – a ministry for all ages providing construction, evangelism, medical work, office work, or other services needed in a world mission area – approximately two weeks.
- Mission Corps (formerly Nazarenes in Volunteer Service) – allows individuals from every age group and background to use a variety of skills and abilities in a world area. Opportunities vary from a few weeks to one year, depending on the need.
- Nazarene Health Care Ministries – NHCM provides a link between the need and the response.
- Youth in Mission – a summer program that provides short-term mission and ministry opportunities for individuals between the ages of 18 and 30. Programs include:
- Contact – ministering to North American children
- Mission to the Cities – a ministry to selected North American cities
- International Student Ministries – an opportunity to witness in various world areas and to work with missionaries and/or local leaders.
- Youth Serve – provides opportunities for Nazarene youth with mission participation, helping them develop a global perspective and facilitate mission awareness.
- Grateful Heart
- Near to here
- Touch the Nation
- Go Global
- Local and District Opportunities – possibilities for ministry close to home, allowing all ages to take part.
- Community Service Projects
- Compassionate Ministries Centers
- Good Samaritan Churches
- Special Needs Groups – within local churches.